The day of the contest with Vickie Motter of Andrea Hurst Literary Management is here, you guys!!!!
Time to post your pitches and your first page. GOOD LUCK.
Before posting, though, please read the rules carefully:
1) The contest will close as soon as 50 people enter.
2) Post your one-sentence pitch and your first page (250 words or less!!) on the comment section of this post.
3) The contest is for finished YA and adult fiction novels (fantasy, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, dystopian, and post-apocalyptic). Please note that Ms. Motter doesn’t represent MG!!
4) This is only for unagented writers.
5) Since I’m doing this to help, you don’t need to be a follower, but I’d love it if you are. And I’d love it if you’d also follow me on Twitter. And follow Vickie Motter too, of course!
What should you post below?
-Title of your book
-Word-count of your manuscript
-The one-sentence pitch
- Your first page (250 words). No more than 250, and please don’t stop mid sentence.
If you’re a bit lost: I’m pasting a few links so you can read more about writing short pitches.