The contest will be on March 6th. It will open around 9 a.m. EST, and it will close the 8th or as soon as 60 entries get posted.
If you want to get to know Hannah before participating, follow her on Twitter--she's really nice!
1) Your pitch must only be 140 characters long. You can check the word-count on Twitter, or if you don’t have an account, go to Word or go here. If it’s longer, you’ll be disqualified.
2) The pitch can only be for finished YA novels. No other genre, sorry.
3) This is for unagented writers only.
4) Since I’m doing this to help, you don’t need to be a follower, but I’d love it if you are. And I’d love it you follow me on Twitter too. ;)
5) Please, spread the word. I’m not going to haunt you if you don’t, but it’d make me REALLY happy if lots of people came to participate.
What should you post?
-Title of your book
-Word-count of your manuscript
-The Twitter (140 characters) pitch
If you’re a bit lost: I’m pasting a few links so you can read more about writing short pitches.
On other news, Kate Evangelista's TASTE will be coming out soon from Crescent Moon press, and her cover was recently revealed... So I'm spreading COVER LOVE here! :)
This is the blurb!
At Barinkoff Academy, there's only one rule: no students on campus after curfew. Phoenix McKay soon finds out why when she is left behind at sunset. A group calling themselves night students threaten to taste her flesh until she is saved by a mysterious, alluring boy. With his pale skin, dark eyes, and mesmerizing voice, Demitri is both irresistible and impenetrable. He warns her to stay away from his dangerous world of flesh eaters. Unfortunately, the gorgeous and playful Luka has other plans.
When Phoenix is caught between her physical and her emotional attraction, she becomes the keeper of a deadly secret that will rock the foundations of an ancient civilization living beneath Barinkoff Academy. Phoenix doesn’t realize until it is too late that the closer she gets to both Demitri and Luka the more she is plunging them all into a centuries old feud.