THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Thank y'all for participating. =)
The contest starts NOW!
So guys, it’s time to post your shiny 140-character pitches on the comment section of THIS post.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, then you probably didn’t read my last post. But no worries, I’ll explain the details about the contest with agent Kristin Miller here, too.
The contest will close at noon (EST) on Thursday, July 14th.
Kristin Miller will select the winner/s and will ask for a partial of the ms/s!!!!
If you want to know more about Kristin, here is the link to her blog. And here’s an interview on YA Highway. You can also find her on Twitter!
1) Your pitch must only be 140 characters long. You can check the word-count on Twitter, or if you don’t have an account, go to Word or go here. If it’s longer, you’ll be disqualified.
2) The pitch can only be for finished YA and MG novels. No other genre, sorry.
3) This is for unagented writers only.
4) Since I’m doing this to help, you don’t need to be a follower, but I’d love it if you are. And I’d love it you follow me on Twitter too. ;)
5) Please, spread the word. I’m not going to haunt you if you don’t, but it’d make me REALLY happy if lots of people came to participate.
What should you post?
-Title of your book
-Word-count of your manuscript
-The Twitter (140 characters) pitch
If you’re a bit lost: I’m pasting a few links so you can read more about writing short pitches.