So. YAY! Another contest. Guess that by now you already know how much I love these, huh? Anyway. I’m going to host a contest with agent Carrie Pestritto of the Prospect Agency on 2/18/13.
Click here to read her interview.
This will be a VERY selective contest—not every manuscript can participate. Now Carrie is actively looking for girl teen fiction with a fresh voice and unique hook—something that has something new to offer the genre, not just another rich-girls-in-high-school book. She’s open to fantasy elements, but would like to stay away from straight sci-fi/fantasy. She would love to see something with some kind of adventure element in tangent with great girly aspects, a la ELLA ENCHANTED by Gail Carson Levine or (of course) THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass, which is the book she blogged about.
If your manuscript fits that description—girly YA with a fresh voice and unique hook—then you can participate. If not, then stay tuned for other contests in the future.
1) As I said above, this contest is ONLY OPEN for GIRLY YA manuscripts. (Only FINISHED manuscripts.)
2) This is for unagented writers only.
3) On the 18th, you should post your query pitch (not the whole query) on the comment section of the contest post (not this post). The entry should read like this:
-Title of your book
-Genre (i.e. Contemporary YA for girls. OR Magical Realism YA for girls, etc...)
-Word-count of your manuscript
-The pitch (just the meat of the query.)
4) Please, help me spread the word. I’m not going to haunt you if you don’t, but it’d make me REALLY happy if lots of people came to participate.
5) Since I’m doing this to help, you don’t need to be a blog follower, but I’d love it if you are. And I’d love it you'd follow me on Twitter too. ;)
6) The contest will open at 8 AM EST on the 18th, and will be open for 24 hours.
She'll request the first 100 pages of your manuscript for consideration.
Let me know if you have questions on the comment section of this post. ;)
Interesting! I'll keep in mind depending on where my MS is at (currently out with agents but I'm considering some revisions for my next round). :)ReplyDelete
Oh, I wish you luck with those revisions! Hope to see you around! :DDelete
Exciting. Spreading it around as I type this. :) Multi-tasker extraordinaire.ReplyDelete
LOL, thanks so much!Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting this! Sounds awesome! Totally in! I have just the unicorn manuscript! :DReplyDelete
Sounds great! Good luck!Delete
Another great contest! You rock!ReplyDelete
TOTALLY excited for this opportunity!! Thanks, Monica! : ) I'll help spread the word...ReplyDelete
Thank you!! :DReplyDelete
Can it be girl-power type?ReplyDelete
I can't see why not... I say go for it. :)Delete
Thank you for tweeting about this! I have something she might like. What about historical fantasy, along the lines of Ella Enchanted?ReplyDelete
Sure, why not! Good luck tomorrow. :)ReplyDelete